Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rainy Thursday

Here in south Texas it has been raining like crazy.  I heard the wind last night.  Do you sleep better when it is raining?  I know I do.  I love the sound of the raindrops tapping on the window.

My hubby and I went to Golden Corral yesterday for lunch.  Those who don't know, it is a buffet.  There was food everywhere.  I tried really hard to eat healthy.  I started out with a salad.  Then had steamed veggies with cheese sauce on the side, meatloaf, corn on the cob, and deviled eggs.  I had a small bit of brownie pudding with a little ice cream.  We went and walked after.  I love deviled eggs. 

I worked on my Bride Tree SAL ornies yesterday and my abc sampler.  I just have to finish January.  I feel wonderful to see how much I am getting done.  My TUSAL is getting stuff in it.  (See Dragon my needle in my blogs list).  I hope to get all 12 ornies done, my abc sampler, the Alphabet SAL (Cheater's SAL,  If interested, go to stitcher's antics in the Yahoo groups), EMS Flowers of the month, and my Panopoly of Posies done this year.  Quite a tall order.  Wish me luck.

January Bride Tree SAL



February start



Progress on abc sampler

Have a wonderful day.  Take care to those who are facing another winter storm.  I remember those days when I lived in Ohio.  I sure don't miss the winter/early spring Ohio weather.  I will probably change my mind in the middle of the long hot and humid Texas summer. 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Burger Two Bites recipe!

    Love your Winter SAL!

    Love from a cold and snowy white northern part of Holland.

    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful stitching! Great job. I like the Bride Tree SAL--great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are so pretty. Great choice for the Bride's SAL. I'm getting my patterns together to start it also.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all looking beautiful.
    You get used to the Houston weather, even the summers. I've been here 30 years and am originally from MI, so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching. I love you ornament you finished. Love new starts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three are looking great Amy. I love to listen to it rain also. It reminds me of camping and listening to the rain fall on our tin tepee ( not sure how to spell that, but aka camp trailer). Keep up those beautiful x's!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great works in progress Amy and I love the January ornament :) :)
    Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete