Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Over the hump day.

Good Morning.  I am doing better today.  Just can't sit too long.  It is funny, I truly have a pain in the butt!!!

Getting ready to go to Ladies Circle and Lunch Bunch at the church today.  I've missed the last two, so I am very lost.  They are still going thru Joshua.

Is is beautiful and sunny here today.  But not out of the 30's.

What is your favorite meal?

Mine is a nice pot roast, potatoes, carrots, and gravy.  Or Corned Beef, carrots, and red potatoes.

What is yours?

Here is a quick recipe:

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
5 cups crisp rice cereal or cereal of your choice (Honey nut Cheerio's are good too)
2 cups pretzel sticks, broken up
1 cup mini M&M's
1 cup mini chocolate chips if desired

In a large bowl, combine the sugar and syrup.  Microwave on high 2 minutes or sugar is dissolved.  Stir in peanut butter until blended.  Add all the other ingredients and stir until coated.  Press into a buttered 13 x 9 inch glass pan.  Cut into bars.  Chill.

This is a remake of the peanut butter bars we use to be able to buy in junior high and high school lunch rooms.  Do you remember these?  They were made with corn flakes.

Have a wonderful day.



Bri at the White Tiger Display at the Downtown Aquarium





Sorry about the glare.  It is entirely enclosed in thick glass.

6 comments:

  1. Good morning!
    We are having a our first snow day of the year here in eastern Nova Scotia, Canada.
    Delicious recipe! I must try that...
    my favourite meal...well I have a few, but I cannot live with pizza! LOL
    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, my favorite meal...How about maple-glazed pot roast. Or a Canadian bacon, mushroom and olive pizza!

    I replied to your comment on my blog. check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll eat ANYTHING that isn't raw but my favorite is Hawaiian pizza. YUMO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is pot roast also but with wide noodles cooked in the broth, mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is adorable. I have sciatica in one leg sometimes too, I can't imagine having it in both. Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left for my son's birthday. He called from school to let me know how much he appreciated all of them.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have too many favorites to name just one. I am making your crunchy chicken again today for dinner making a few changes to fit with the ingredients I can get here.

    It was fun seeing the sampler you stitched 11 years ago and just found again. I have that sampler on my sampler wall in my bedroom. It is very pretty. I hope you will frame yours soon.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete