Thursday, February 11, 2010

Over the hump day.

Good soggy morning!!  I am not complaining because it isn't snowing up to our eyes!!

I am going to be glueing dollies to cards so Bri can put on stickers and make her Valentines.  I bet that she gets about six done and decides that she doesn't want to do anymore.  I guess that is what you get from a five year old.  She spilled a half of a bottle of water in my truck this morning.  Great way to start the day. Grrrrr.  I asked her why she didn't grab it when it tipped.  She just looked at me and said I don't know. Grrrrr again.  Thank God she is so cute!!!!  I told her that I was banning drinks in my truck.  I told her I was going to buy her sippy cups again.  She looks at me sweetly and says that she would like Dora ones.  I can't win.

Have to go to the grocery store today also.  Have to get cupcakes.  Bri didn't want to help make them, she wanted the cute store bought ones.  So I said fine.  Less dishes to wash.  Made a fantastic pot roast the other day.  Cooked it low.  The whole house smelled so good.  I want to make a meatloaf and pork chops with gravy and mashed potatoes.  Do you make your meatloaf with gravy?  My Mom did.  My hubby doesn't care for it that way.  I add onions, peppers, and spagetti sauce.

What is your favorite meal?

I love corned beef with carrots and red potatoes.  Can you tell I have Irish blood? 

What is your hubby's favorite meal?

Meatloaf with mashed potatoes, green beans, and homemade bread.

Are your kids picky?

My Bri isn't.  She'll eat most anything.  Her favorites are green beans and lima beans.  When she was smaller, I put baby lima beans and fruit bits on her tray.  She threw the fruit bits on the floor and ate the lima beans.  She would rather go to the veggies or fruit than the candy.  Thank God for that.  We try all kinds of fruit and veggies. 

Have a wonderful day.

Special fruity pops

1 cup fresh apricots, peaches, etc
1/2 cup ice cubes
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
4 tsp sugar (or two packs of equal or splenda)

Combine ingredients in blender.  Fill mold or cup and top with lid or insert stick.  Freeze overnight.

Banana berries smoothies

1 cup milk
1 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 med bananas
1 cup applesauce
1 cup frozen berries of your choice

Blend and enjoy



Bri at Houston Zoo Fall 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment