Monday, February 22, 2010

A cloudy and chilly Monday

Hello.  Good afternoon.  I haven't posted since Thursday.  I had to go to the doctor's on Friday.  Her office is in downtown Houston on the other side of town.  So I had an exciting trip down I10 to 59 south.  This is the first time that I have driven downtown. Yikes!!! 

Bri kept me busy all weekend.  Plus I put in some lettuce and herbs.  It is strange to be planting now.  But that is what the seed packs and plant packs said.  I am sure that I will be covering the plants a few times.  It was good to get my hands in the dirt. 

We went to lunch yesterday and there was a street fair set up in the mall parking lot.  We bought enough tickets so that Bri could ride all the kiddie rides.  She had the time of her life.  I don't usually spend money like that.  I blew $20 on ride tickets.  But it was worth every penny watching her face light up.  She told me this morning on the way to school that she dreamed that she went back and rode the rides again.  And she said she dreamed she was big enough to ride the big rides.  I had to laugh at that.  They weren't very crowded, so they let her ride extra long.  So I am sure that is up there on the great day list!!!

I got my plants and George got a few new items for his tanks.  Bri also got strawberry plants, two watermelon cups, two sunflower cups, and a Veggie Tales flower garden.  She can't wait to eat her berries.

Have a blessed day.





4 comments:

  1. We are below freezing again here so I'm glad I haven't planted anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all of those wonderful plants! I can't wait to get into the garden more this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those plants look wonderful = eating from your own garden is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete