Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday Tales

Not much going on here today besides job work and house work.  I am planning a nice stitch session tonight.  I have to run errands today. 

I am enjoying the weather here today.  We are suppose to get to 70.  There is a nice breeze.  I have the slider open and am enjoying the smell of spring.

My mail is starting to bring me seed catalogs.  I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt.  It will be a container year.  I know I want herbs, tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries.  I'll see what I can do.

My favorite way to serve fresh tomatoes is:

slice fresh tomatoes
layer in a glass baking dish
on each layer sprinkle the tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, fresh ground pepper, salt or salt alternative, basil, and oregano
refrig until chilled
great on hamburgers, sandwiches, etc or on there own like a salad

Have a beautiful day.


My first friend in Texas
This is Honey

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,
    thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comment! How long have you been in Texas? I hope you love it here, I sure do :-)
    Your pup is too precious, I love that name, Honey, too sweet!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete