Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Over the hump day.

How is everyone today?  It is cloudy and foggy here this morning.  We are suppose to get thunderstorms this afternoon.

I am off to Lunch Bunch at the church.  I am taking chilli and a dessert.  I am not sure about which dessert to take yet.  Lunch Bunch meets once a month.  Usually the ladies have a study starting at 10.  But Pastor Cassandra had a conflict on her schedule.  We are studying Joshua.

The church has lots of activities all thru the month.  It is a very caring and loving place.  I have been made to feel very welcome.

For those who have asked, we moved from Ohio to Texas this past July.  It is a 1300 some mile move.  It has been quite an experience.  We now live on the outskirts of Houston.  We lived in Warren, Ohio. It is in the Northeast corner.  It was a much smaller town.  I lived there all my life.  My hubby grew up on a farm in Fowler, Ohio.  It is about a 15 minute drive from Warren.  We had a 175 x 50 lot in a nice neighborhood.  I had gardens and grew herbs, fruit, veggies, and flowers.  The neighborhood had sidewalks and I knew most of the people around as I had lived a street over growing up.

But jobs were getting scarce, crime was rising, and the future was looking dim.  So we had the chance to move here with George's sister.  So we are working to get back on our feet and find a place of our own.  We both long for a more rural setting. 

I like alot of things about Texas, as well as miss things in Ohio.  I don't miss the icy, snowy, and cold winters of Ohio.  But the hot Texas summer is something. 

We just never know what God's plans are for us.  We may not understand it, but we know that it is his plan.

Have a blessed day.



This is the Alice in Wonderland with the Snow White apron and cowboy boots.  Bri loves Texas!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for following along. I love meeting new people. I am happy to follow your blog and get to know you more.

    Your daughter is such a lovely princess.

    Yes, my daughter is my only child. She's a real blessing to us. Enjoy your baby girl because before long she'll be a teen like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture of the princess!!!
    Have a great lunch bunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your move from Ohio to Texas is right for you. I hope it all works out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete