Sunday, January 24, 2010

Got the pie fever!

I suddenly wanted an apple pie this afternoon.  So I made one up.  I have pics with and without the top crust.  I usually do a lattice top, but got lazy today.  I was going to get a pic when it was done, but it got attacked.  I guess I wasn't the only one hungry for apple pie.

While I was pregnant with Brianna, 2004, I entered several items in the local fair.  I won two first place and two third.  Not bad for a first timer.  My apple pie got a third.  It was beaten by a chiffon, and a coconut cream.  I was proud to win at all.  My banana pear bread won third.  I took first with my buckeyes and my peanut butter kisses.  My buckeyes held up to the 90+ heat.  I was on cloud nine.

Have a great day.





5 comments:

  1. Now that's a classic beauty.

    Deb in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!
    Do you have the recipe for me ;-)

    Love, Ria
    (from the Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe, Amy!

    Love, Ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy. If you get the chance, could you post a recipe on your blog?

    ReplyDelete