Friday, January 29, 2010

Fantastic Friday

Good Friday morning.  Still working away at job work.

Today I am putting on a good cold weather recipe.

Have a good weekend.

Crunchy chicken casserole

1 Whole cooked chicken  shredded up
5 cups diced celery
2 cups almonds   I like the flavored ones  Bust them up or get the slivered ones
2 bunches of green onion, sliced
2 cans of olives, drained and sliced    Try black or green
2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, well drained   (If desired)
5 cups shredded Colby-Jack      Or cheese of your choice
2 cups Mircle Whip
2 cups sour cream
5 cups crushed potato chips

Combine chicken, celery, almonds, onion, olives, and Rotel in a large bowl.
Add two cups of cheese.  In a small bowl, combine Mircle Whip and sour cream and add to chicken mix.  Stir well.

Transfer to two greased 3qt baking dishes.  Sprinkle with chips and remaining cheese.  Bake, uncovered 350 for 25 - 30 minutes or until hot.

You can use flavored chips.

I serve this with a salad, homemade bread, and Jell-o parfaits.

Layer Jell-o pudding or Jell-0 gelatin in layers between Cool whip in dessert glasses.

You can also use cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup in place of the sour cream and Mircle Whip.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! Just found your blog while blog hopping. I too am from Ohio but I moved much farther to Holland...lol. Love the little sampler you are stitching in the previous post. I want to stitch two samplers on each of my couch pillows. They are plain woven and would look nice done as you can stitch in the weave.

    I love the sounds of this recipe. Since it is early here in Holland, I am writing this on my Saturday morning grocery list and will make it tomorrow evening for dinner. Thanks.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm! Thanks for the recipe, it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious and perfect for the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete